Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Creative Designers and Writers Forum, LinkedIn: Intuition and Creativity: Are the Two Linked? « The Potential Within

They are linked wonderfully, when I remember not to ignore or disregard their connection. They work together to anchor my writing in a reality that is both hyper and realistic--as most fiction and good nonfiction are. It's that fortunate way of "hearing" a character's voice or the nonfiction POV voice that's perfect in character subtext.

My present project has been fleshing out a reality-based romantic novel that takes place in mainland China, along with a huge language barrier. I was given a major character's description and the reaction him, and came up with an overtly effusive manner for him to speak.

Bingo. I was told that she laughed at the pleasure of hearing him come alive, as she recalls him. I've never met him, nor heard him.

Intuition is listening and perceiving the subtleties around and within you, creativity is doing it, expressing it outwardly and not assuming it's frivolous, or hard.

No comments: